In our reception area (we won’t keep you waiting), you will find yourself wondering if you are really visiting your dentist or are still in your living room as you relax in comfortable chairs and watch television on a flat-screen TV. Snacks and beverages are available.We have current magazines and Wifi .
To help you drown out the noise of the dental visit (which is the worst part for some patients), we offer ipods or ipads with noise-reduction headphones that you can use to listen to some of your favorite music.We also offer monitors in treatment rooms, where you can watch TV or one of the many movies or sitcoms from Netflix. Many of our patients have said that this alone makes the visit fly by! And most of our patients who are parents state that this is the only quiet time they get to sit down and watch something relatively uninterrupted.
We also offer massage features in all the treatment chairs, pillows and blankets to allow for a comfortable and relaxing visit. How about a paraffin hand treatment?
The newest addition to our Our Comfort Menu is the ability to have Dr. Chopra use OraVerse. OraVerse is the first and only product of its kind to rapidly reverse the effects of your local anesthetic so you can feel, speak, smile and drink normally in approximately half the time. It has been proven to accelerate the return of normal sensation and function following routine dental treatment.If all of this is still not enough to make you feel calm and relaxed while you are here, Dr. Chopra, also a sedation dentist, can prescribe oral medication that will reduce your anxiety, or you can request that Dr. Chopra uses nitrous oxide (laughing gas) during your visit. After the visit, Dr. Chopra will offer you hot, moist towels to clean up.
Imagine undergoing a complex dental treatment like a root canal, extraction, or oral surgery. When your treatment is complete, you have no recollection of the time it took, the pain, the noise, or the discomfort you were expecting.
We are pleased to offer our patients the option of comfortable, safe, and effective sedation dentistry. Patients who benefit from sedation dentistry have:
- Fear or anxiety of being at the dentist
- Difficulty sitting still for long periods of time
- A hard time getting (and staying) numb from anesthetics
What is sedation dentistry?
Sedation dentistry allows your doctor to provide a variety of dental treatments safely and comfortably for patients who experience anxiety when visiting the dentist. There are several benefits to sedation dentistry, including:
- No memory of undergoing the procedure
- No sense of time while under sedation
- No sense of smell or sound
- No fear or anxiety during treatment
Patients who have undergone a procedure using sedation dentistry will tell you it is a simple, relaxing way to experience dentistry.
How are sedatives administered?
- Inhalation — Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is the most frequently used method for easing mild-to-moderate anxiety. Recovery is quick so you can resume your normal activities immediately.
- Oral — An extremely common technique for dental sedation is oral sedation. It is easy and does not require the use of needles. You will be given a prescription pill which, taken about an hour before your appointment, will have you fully relaxed by the time you arrive at our office.