Do you ever feel like your questions never get answered when you are at the dentist?
Have you heard about some new dental or cosmetic procedure? Did you think of a hundred questions to ask about your treatment but only after you left our office?
We truly want to hear from you whenever you have a question or concern about your dental care. Please call our Norwalk Dental Care® office or email us, and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, we’re sharing our answers to some of the questions that we most frequently receive.
We hope they’re helpful.
- How does Dr.Prieston keep up to date on all of the current techniques and materials?
- Do you accept referrals?
- What can I expect at my first dental appointment?
- How do I know when it’s time to come in for a checkup?
- My gums bleed after I brush. Is this something to be concerned about?
- What makes you different than any other dental practice I can visit?
- How can I ask the doctor questions directly?
- What do I do if I have an emergency and the office is closed?
- How can I safely whiten my teeth?
- What sets yours apart from other dental practices?
- What precautions do you take to ensure patient safety?
- I really do not like visiting the dentist, is there anything you can do to help me relax?
- I want my front teeth to look better, but I do not want to wear braces. What would you recommend?
- What payment options do you offer?
- What is a “complimentary cosmetic consultation?”
Dr. Prieston is extensively trained. As dentistry is constantly changing, he does a number of things to stay on top of all the current findings. He has attended continuing education courses in all areas of dentistry. He also belongs to a variety of organizations that offer seminars and conferences on developments in dentistry. Dr. Prieston also reads dental journals extensively. He is committed to staying informed of any breakthroughs in dental technology or treatment that could benefit his patients. He will be happy to tell you more about his studies when you visit our office.
Many of our patients invite their family and friends to join our practice. The referrals we receive are the best compliment. We will strive to make your visit enjoyable so that you, too, will feel inclined to recommend our practice to your family and friends.
Your initial visit will consist of a complete oral evaluation by Dr.Prieston along with a complete series of x-rays that are necessary for diagnostic purposes. At this time, Dr. Prieston will open a dialogue for you to express what your needs and wants are for your smile, and allow us to plan how we can help you achieve those goals.
1) Your medical history will be reviewed. Any update to your medications or health will be updated in your record. This may include tobacco and alcohol consumption, adverse reaction anesthesia, allergies to food, drugs, latex and recent surgeries or hospitalization. Do we need to pre-medicate prior to dental treatment?
2) Blood pressure screening.
3) Take any necessary radiographs or review previous films.
We are aware that x-rays are an essential part of the exam, but we must balance that with keeping exposure to a minimum. It is recommended to have a new full mouth radiographic record once in 3-5 years. Bitewing x-rays are recommended every 6 months -1year depending cavity susceptibility, gum disease and amount of existing dental work.
4) Oral cancer screening including Velscope fluorescence screening technology once a year beginning at age 17. We will visually examine the oral cavity and recommend an additional Velscope exam. The Velscope and detect abnormal changes in tissue far sooner than with the naked eye. Early detection and early treatment are most important!
5) TMJ exam- although not always done; we will note when a patient that has trouble with their jaw joint. Any clicking, popping, pain etc.
6) Peridontal(Gum) screening. (6points per tooth) Patient’s over 18 will have measurements to access the health of the gum
Typically, dental recall appointments (checkups) should be scheduled every 6 months. During this visit, a cleaning will be performed along with a dental exam and x-rays. This cleaning, exam, and x-ray appointment will ensure that problems are prevented before they become larger issues. Occasionally, a patient may be scheduled on a more frequent recall schedule, such as every three or four months. This ensures that oral health is maintained and that a patient reaches a consistent level of good oral health. Our office will be happy to schedule an appointment for your cleaning and we will send you appointment reminder cards via e-mail or text messaging to help you stay on your regular recall interval.
Yes, you should be very concerned about bleeding gums, especially if you haven’t had an exam in a while. Bleeding gums may be a symptom of several problems, such as leaky fillings or gum disease. While it may seem harmless, bleeding gums can cause a variety of serious health problems. If your gums are bleeding, call us as soon as possible to schedule an appointment so we can analyze the cause.
Dr. Prieston prides himself and his practice on providing personalized care. We set ourselves apart by allotting time specifically for you, not rushing into the next situation. We take time to answer any questions you may have, and Dr.Prieston will sit down person to person to discuss any concerns involving your dental treatment. Your time in the chair is the most important matter happening at that time, and Dr.Prieston will focus on you personally. You are a part of the practice, not just a patient with a name.
- Our practice has been here, in Norwalk, CT, for over 35 years.
- We are trained in all aspects of dentistry and have advanced training in cosmetic, sedation, emergency, and implant dentistry.
- We work with a team of some great specialists. When referring to a specialist, we will help to make the appointment and make sure that costs and dental insurance benefits are coordinated.
- We’re active members of the American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry, the Connecticut Dental Association, and a few others. We are continuing education junkies and stay current with the most current and effective dental treatments.
- We provide 24/7 Emergency Dental Care for our patients.
- We offer sedation dentistry and many other amenities to ensure your comfort.
- We have a soft tissue (gum) laser and a laser for detecting cavities. We don’t yet have a laser for drilling a tooth. Currently we don’t believe that technology would allow us to deliver better results. Maybe someday it will. We also use digital x-rays, electronic patient records, and the latest techniques and materials.
- We review costs prior to treatment and discuss possible payments. We want your dental care to be affordable. If something ends up being more complex than anticipated, we will let you know prior to proceeding or include it in the costs. We don’t like surprises. Our treatment estimates are guaranteed. Once we tell you what your portion will be, it will never be more. Sometimes it’s less.
- We will work with you and your insurance company to maximize your dental benefits. We accept most PPO dental insurance. If you don’t have insurance, we have a dental savings plan for the entire family.
Dr. Prieston will answer dental health related questions personally via email. NorwalkDentalCare@gmail.com
If you have an emergency, please call Dr. Prieston’s office at (203) 853-6626 and follow the instructions for a return call.
There are a number of procedures available to help whiten your smile, from at-home whitening products to in-office supervised treatments. Dr.Prieston can help evaluate the potential for whitening your teeth, based on their current color and the causes of any discoloration. Once you have decided on the most appropriate method, you will probably spend anywhere from two to four weeks undergoing a series of simple whitening treatments.
We believe that our attention to serving your needs makes us truly unique.
* Consistently staying on schedule for your appointments.
* Striving to be prepared by updating information each time you visit the office.
* Confirming your appointments, because we understand how busy you are.
* Informing you of your treatment plan, financial options, and appointment options.
Implementing the above allows our office to have open communication to provide you with the ultimate service. We want you to feel like you’re visiting friends. This allows us to serve you better and give your dental needs our full attention.
We follow a number of health and safety guidelines. First, our office complies with and exceeds OSHA standards for safety. All of our staff also maintain their current CPR certifications. With every patient, we follow universal precautions. These safety procedures are established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Dental Association (ADA). Under these precautions, our dental team is required to use the appropriate protective wear, such as gloves, masks and eyewear. After your visit, we disinfect the operatory and sterilize all of the equipment. We have a sterilization center where we can maximize efficient sterilization and minimize the chance of contamination through human error. If you have any questions, we would be happy to demonstrate our sterilization procedures. You can also view the CDC Infection Control guidelines online at http://www.cdc.gov.
Many patients are nervous about receiving dental treatment. We offer nitrous oxide to help make your visit more comfortable. Often referred to as laughing gas, nitrous can help anyone who is excessively nervous about their visit.
There are a variety of ways to improve the appearance of your teeth without braces. We offer many cosmetic services to straighten your teeth, such as porcelain veneers or bonding. Since each mouth is unique, we need to evaluate your teeth to recommend a specific method. After listening to your goals and concerns, Dr. Prieston can suggest ways to help you straighten your smile.
In this day and age, we know deciphering your insurance benefits can be confusing. That’s why we will file your claim for you, as long as you pay for your co-pay at the time of your appointment. You can pay for our services with cash or check. We also accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, and Discover. Any amount not covered by your insurance is your responsibility.
We feel, however, that your insurance should never dictate the quality or timing of your treatment. If you have extensive or long term dental care, our office offers financial assistance through Care Credit (www.carecredit.com). We are happy to help you with insurance concerns, so if you have any questions, please contact us at (203) 853-6626.
Our goal is to provide you with confidence that we are going to listen and communicate with you about your individual wants and needs. We have incorporated several tools to make understanding your choices easier, allow you to visualize your outcome, and help you find a way to make your dreams come true. At your consultation, we will:
- Take diagnostic photos for you to evaluate;
- Educate you with a Caesy presentation on specific procedures and make sure you have been properly informed;
- Use digital imaging to show you your unique smile potential;
- Fabricate lab mock-ups to use as a guide throughout your treatment.
Transforming your smile can literally be a life-changing event!
If you have any other questions that have not been answered, please call our office at (203) 853-6626.